Terrific activity at Hambright Elementary this morning! Police officers from Lancaster City and Manor Twp. take on the school’s sixth-graders in friendly game of dodgeball. Special Thanks to Mrs. Hockley for organizing this for our school.
Today Hambright Elementary School practiced a lock-down drill. The following was read to the students and staff for our drill:
“Today we are going to be practicing our lock-down drill. This is a reminder that it is just a drill to help us in the event of an emergency. In the event of a real emergency it is important that you are quiet so you and your teachers can listen to any directions that are being given. Because we never know what emergency situation may occur we are going to be practicing different scenarios throughout the year. Today we are going to practice securing our classrooms. Remember this is just a drill, but it is very important that you listen to your teachers and directions as quietly as possible. At this time please lock-down the building.”
Teachers made sure their classroom doors were locked and students were moved away from windows. We take the safety and security of our school very seriously and we wanted to make you aware of how we do that here at Hambright. Thank you for allowing us to teach your children.
Race for Education 2018 is this Friday! We have been preparing for this day since January and are so excited it’s so close!
Reminders for Friday:
- Have your student wear sneakers!
- Our NEW t-shirts will be handed out Friday Morning for the kids to wear.
- Volunteers and Visitors please visit our registration table to check in. ONLY those with clearances on file with Penn Manor will be allowed to walk/run with their student. All others may watch from a visitor section.
- In case of rain, please stay tuned. We will try to update everyone as soon as possible. If needed our rain date is Thursday May 10th (same times)
- If you still would like to donate gallon water jugs please drop off in office.
- Times for Race- AM K 10:15-11:30
PM K, 1st-6th grade 1:30-3:00 pm
- Race will take part in the fields to the left of Hambright.
- If you can help please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4bacad2bab9-race12
Any questions please email email@example.com
Thursday, March 22, 2018 the Penn Manor School District is operating on a 2 hour delay with modified kindergarten. 2 Hour Delay (Modified Kindergarten)-Students will be picked up two hours later than regularly scheduled. Kindergarten students in AM kindergarten will report from 11:00-12:45 and PM students will attend from 1:45-end of the day.