This letter will be mailed out the week of 8/11/14
Dear Hambright Students and Families,
I hope this letter finds you amidst an enjoyable summer vacation. We have been busy preparing for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. I look forward to a successful and rewarding year at Hambright. As we prepare for the start of our new school year, please be aware of the following items:
- First Day of School is Monday, August 25, 8:50 AM.—Lunch Menu— A lunch-Chicken Tenders, Fluffy Whipped Potatoes, California Blend Vegetables, Chilled Assorted Fruit, Choice of Milk, B lunch-Hamburger/Roll, C lunch (Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich and String Cheese) and D lunch (Yogurt & String Cheese).
- Elementary lunch is $2.25, reduced lunch is $0.40, and milk is $0.60. Breakfast will be served the first day of school for $1.25 and no charge for reduced lunch.
- The new building is ready . . . for the most part ; ) The only mishap was that the flooring contractor under estimated the amount of materials needed to accommodate the building by 10,000 square feet (no wonder they were the low bidder.) As a result, the main hallway and hallway in the 1st and 2nd grade wing will be a concrete slab until sometime later in the fall. Since there is air conditioning, we can live with an ugly floor for a couple of months.
- The new address is 3000 Charlestown Road, Lancaster, PA 17603 and the phone number is 717-872-9503.
- We will be holding a new building orientation for ALL Hambright students on August 21 from 3:00 to 5:00 PM at the new Hambright. Please know that teacher are not able to get into the building until August 18th, so classrooms will not be completely set-up. Do not be alarmed if things look a bit messy. I promise that on 8/25/14 we’ll be ready to go.
- No School on Friday, August 29, 2014 and Monday, September 1, 2014 for Labor Day.
I’m looking forward to another great school year!